Friday, May 25, 2007

Wrecked

Since my husband went to the U.S. 4 days and 3 nights ago, I've had terrible problems sleeping. I've gone from falling asleep between midnight and 1:00 am to doing so between 3:00 and 4:00 am but waking up at the same time (8:30 am). Last night, I managed to drop off around 2:00 and was hoping to sleep in. I woke up at 6:30, then at 7:18 but could go back to sleep each time then some jack-ass called me at 7:58 am and that was it. I finally was getting a little sleep and someone called and woke me up to a point where I couldn't go back to sleep.

When I answered the phone, there was no one on the other end. Every time I said "hello", my own voice just echoed back to me so I was wondering if this was some sort of automated thing or a person on a speaker phone. I'm guessing it's the former but the latter is also possible. As I've mentioned before, part of my freelance work is doing lessons by telephone for my former company. When I worked in an office, this wasn't a problem because they called me there. Now, they can call me at my home phone number and it's certainly possible that one of the numerous people (mostly young and male) who have my number could be playing around. It used to happen at my office on occasion.

Anyway, three nights with limited sleep have me rather wrecked, not to mention have exposed me to some very dubious late-night cable television. It seems that the least popular sit-coms get aired on Fox in the middle of the night and the truly bad movies come out late at night. I actually ended up watching "Showgirls" and one of Andy Richter's cavalcade of failed television series. The former is like rubber-necking a car crash. It's terrible but you can't look away.

If I don't start getting more sleep, I'm going to turn into a zombie and start seeking out brains for nourishment...well, probably not, but you all might want to start wearing football helmets to bed just in case. ;-)

No comments: