Friday, November 10, 2006

Birthday


Today is my husband's 44th birthday. I tell him every year that it's the most important day ever. And, I mean it. I adore my husband. In fact, I adore him more every year we're together.

Like many men, my husband doesn't really look his age. His hair isn't going grey much except for an odd hair here and there. The same goes for his beard. When he was younger, he looked older than his age (likely because of the beard) and now he looks younger than his age. By the time he's 60, people will probably think I'm his mother. :-p

Unfortunately, he has to work so we can't do any sort of proper celebrating. I made him a pumpkin pie (his favorite pie) last night but he's saving the serious celebration for next Monday when he has a day off. I'm not sure what we'll do but he does have a nice, thick steak in the freezer that he's been saving for this occasion.

As is the case for many people as they get older, we don't really do much in the way of gift-giving anymore. It's not because we don't care but rather that we can't really think of anything we want. I'm not sure if this is because we're not particularly materialistic (we're not) or because we've already acquired most of the things we want through time.

The picture above is pinched from Apple's eCards on .Mac. I generally dislike eCards but I think Apple has pretty nice ones. They're tasteful and simple. You also don't run the risk of your e-mail address being sold off to a spammer when you use Apple's cards. When you send one of those cards, Apple puts a nifty Apple postmark on it as well. I would never do something as impersonal as send one of them to my husband, mind you. I do send one to my mother but that's because she actively likes them.

2 comments:

Andrew McAllister said...

"I adore my husband. In fact, I adore him more every year we're together."

Good for you. I *love* hearing stories like that, and I run a relationship advice site, so I hear too many of the other kind. Happy Birthday to your hubby!

Andrew
To Love, Honor and Dismay

Shari said...

Hi Andrew and thanks for your comment. I appreciate it, particularly when putting such gushing comments (not matter how true) out there can sometimes annoy people.

I also want to thank you for the link to your site because I found it very interesting and have added it to my regular roster of blog reading!