my sister's library. As a fund-raising project, her library is making a community cookbook that they'd like to start selling in November (so that people can buy it in time to give to others as a Christmas present). Since I enjoy doing page layout, I offered to take care of that part of the project.
About a week ago, I was sent the recipes in Microsoft Word document format and have been wrestling with them ever since. The main problem is that several people entered the data and it's in different styles and formats. The bigger problem with this is that some of them were very literal with how they transcribed the recipes, even when the original recipes were relatively badly-written from the viewpoint of being in a cookbook.
Fortunately, one of my friends from my gaming days on Battle.net agreed to help out by editing and proofreading the book. Unfortunately, no matter how well he finds the mistakes, they don't magically fix themselves. I've got to go through and enter the corrections and this is pretty time-consuming as well. Since the deadline is looming, I'm putting a lot of time into it to try and get it done in time.
I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining. I really do enjoy this type of work. It's just sucking up some of the time I used to spend blogging.